What Injuries Are Considered Catastrophic?
Catastrophic injuries are those that are considered life-altering in such a way that quality of life is gravely compromised and way of life is never again the same.
Catastrophic injuries typically result in:
- Diminished mental capability
- Increased difficulty in functioning in daily life
Catastrophic injuries may occur accidently, but often times some form of negligence plays a significant role in the injury coming about. After suffering an injury of this kind, get the representation you need from our San Jose catastrophic injury attorneys.
On This Page
- Brain injuries: Injuries to the head can lead to serious neurological damage and impairment, effecting coherence and the ability to function under one's own accord.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries to the spine can lead to paralysis, and can permanently render one incapable of being able to walk, speak, or move even a single muscle.
- Amputation injuries: Injuries that require the removal of seriously injured limbs will forever change a person's way of life.
- Burn injuries: Severe burns may require skin grafts and can permanently alter one's appearance.
- Multiple bone fractures: Injuries consisting of multiple bone breaks / fractures that require an extended period of time to heal, and one may never fully recover, experiencing life-long impediments in regard to even walking comfortably.
- Vision impairment: Loss of vision requires a dramatic shift in sensory perception, rendering one dependent on all other senses and drastically altering one's lifestyle.
Common causes of catastrophic injuries are traffic collisions, faulty product, dangerous conditions or workplace accidents. Catastrophic accidents are often at least partially the responsibility of one or more parties that have exhibited negligence to some degree.
Costs associated with a catastrophic accident are not only those associated with hospital bills and the like, but also those employment wages that have been and will be lost due to diminished capacity and such long recuperation times.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a life-altering injury, don't hesitate to contact our catastrophic injury lawyers at Caputo & Van Der Walde LLP.
Our skilled San Jose catastrophic injury attorneys will examine the details concerning your accident, will hold negligent parties accountable for their actions, and will seek monetary damages on your behalf to help assist with the costs associated with your accident.