A Team You Can Count On
At Caputo & Van Der Walde LLP, our skilled San Jose car accident attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and dedication to successfully represent clients seriously injured in passenger van accidents. Due to the fact that many passenger vans are contracted through a third party, it can be difficult to know who is ultimately liable for an accident. We take the guesswork out of your personal injury or car accident claim by managing it for you from start to finish.
People throughout Northern California choose to work with us because:
- We have over 85 years of total legal experience focused on personal injury claims.
- We are highly-acclaimed through various professional organizations, such as Avvo.
- We have won millions of dollars for past clients through successful case results.
- Our client testimonials show that we really care about the people we represent.
Our team of paralegals, administrative staff, and accident lawyers will put forth every effort to ensure that your case is handled in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
Determining Liability in Passenger Van Accidents
Schools, churches, day cares, businesses, hotels, and more all use passenger vans to transport large groups of people at a time. Perhaps unwittingly, the same organizations may put those riders in danger due to the inherent risks of a passenger van. In particular, passenger vans are prone to rollovers and fishtailing around corners, increasing the chance of causing a collision. When a passenger van accident does occur, who is to blame?
Liability in a passenger van collision may belong to multiple parties, including:
- Van driver: The simplest answer when questioning liability is often the right one. In the case of a passenger van accident, the van driver may likely be responsible for the crash. The liability placed on the driver would mean filing a claim against the van’s insurance company, as you had been hurt by another motorist.
- Parent company: When a passenger van accident occurs due to overloading passengers and luggage, the van driver might have been following strict company guidelines to allow so much weight in the vehicle. In such a situation, the parent company could be liable for setting or allowing unsafe standards.
- Van manufacturer: Some passenger vans are dangerous by design, such as one that allows up to four-feet of vehicle to hang beyond the back axle. The van manufacturer could be held accountable for van accidents related to poor design.
Call (800) 900-0863 To Begin Your Injury Claim
If you have been injured in a passenger van accident in the San Jose area, you have the right to hire legal representation to better pursue compensation.
At Caputo & Van Der Walde LLP, our accomplished accident lawyers may be able to recover the maximum monetary compensation for your passenger van accident injuries and other accident-related costs. The first step is retaining our services so you can pursue justice with confidence.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a passenger van accident, please contact a San Jose personal injury attorney at Caputo & Van Der Walde LLP to discuss your case.