Paul was born in Boston Massachusetts and moved to Scottsdale, Arizona to attend Arizona State University. After completing his undergraduate degree, he moved to the Bay Area in 1989 to study law at Santa Clara University.
He received his Doctorate in Jurisprudence in 1993, and practiced for one year as a defense attorney for a local insurance defense firm. After watching large insurance companies take advantage of plaintiffs, Paul joined a Bay Area civil litigation practice and specialized in helping plaintiffs in personal injury cases such as car accidents, slip and falls, and wrongful death.
He became a partner of Cornell & Van Der Walde Law in 1995, and in 1997, Paul founded Van Der Walde & Associates. He merged his successful personal injury practice with Paul Caputo’s in 2014, to form Caputo & Van Der Walde, LLP.
Recognized for Excellence
For over 20 years, Paul has tried cases in Santa Clara County courtrooms, where he has become a known face to judges, attorneys and legal professionals. At Caputo & Van Der Walde LLP, Paul gives his clients the full attention they need and uses the significant resources he has to fight when they cannot.
Paul's many affiliations and accomplishments include:
- Past President SCBA Bar Association
- Who's Who in American Law
- Personal Injury Attorney of the Year - Consumer Business Review
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Santa Clara Bar Association Board of Trustees
- Member CAOC (Consumer Attorneys of California)
- Member AAJ (American Association for Justice)
- Member SCCBA (Santa Clara County Bar Association)
- 10/10 Superb Rating on Avvo Attorney Rating Service