San Jose Scaffolding Accident Attorneys
Helping Clients in the Greater San Jose Area. Call (800) 900-0863 Today.
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), scaffolding accidents at construction sites account for 80 deaths annually and over 10,000 injuries. All told, 900 construction-related fatalities occur every year, accounting for nearly 10% of all construction deaths.
Common causes of scaffolding accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Plank slippage – The planks and supports that protect workers can fail for a variety of reasons, including inclement weather (such as ice or frost forming on the planks), poor maintenance and installation, and the failure of the plank material itself.
- Falling objects – Construction workers generally don't work in a vacuum. They use painting machinery, cranes, and cleaning equipment while up on scaffolds. Construction work might also be going on simultaneously at different parts of the site. If a person above you drops a bucket of tools or accidentally spills paint, you could lose your balance and fall off the scaffold.
- Harness and safety support failures – Defective safety equipment and harnesses - or poor installation or maintenance of these devices - can cause or contribute to scaffolding accidents.
- Problems with training, supervision, or collaboration – Construction is inherently dangerous work. But these dangers can be managed with good safety protocols. If your supervisor failed to provide you with good instructions about how to operate machinery, they or the company can be held liable for injuries and damages.
- Other Factors – Numerous factors can make scaffolding work dangerous, instigate a fall, or exacerbate injury sustained in a fall. For example, paint and fumes inhaled at a construction site can impede your judgment and provoke a fall or other scaffolding accident.
What Should I do if I Suffered an Injury in a Scaffolding Accident?
If you have suffered an injury that was caused by a scaffolding accident, you should immediately consult with an attorney to discuss what legal options are available for you.
You can possibly recover financial compensation for:
- Lost & Future Wages
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Medical & Therapy Bills
- Loss of Consortium
- Pain & Suffering
Speak With Our San Jose Team Today
At Caputo & Van Der Walde LLP, our lawyers have an established reputation and are ready to fight for your rights. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and we are ready to put our skills and experience to work for you.
Contact our San Jose attorneys to schedule your free case review today.
A TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESSMillions Recovered for Our Clients
Wrongful Death Skydiving Accident $40,030,000
Attorney Paul Van Der Walde recovered a total of $40,030,000 in compensation for a couple bereft of their 18-year-old son in a tandem skydiving accident.
School Bus vs. Pedestrian Accident $8,825,000
School bus vs. pedestrian accident resulting in traumatic brain injury.
Train Maintenance Vehicle vs. Auto $7,411,492
Caputo & Van Der Walde received a jury verdict in the amount of $7,411,492 for a surviving widow, who lost her husband when his pickup truck was involved in a collision with an on-track maintenance of way vehicle.
3rd-Degree Burns During a Pedicure $7,291,986
Paul Caputo received a $7,291,985.58 decision for Plaintiff in a case where a client received severe 3rd-degree burns during a pedicure, resulting in the need for numerous skin grafting procedures.
Paraplegia from Defective Seat $5,650,000
Product liability case involving a defective seat design that resulted in paraplegia.
Pick-up Truck vs. Pedestrian Accident $4,250,000
Pedestrian crossing a four-lane street in the crosswalk, hit by a full-size pick-up truck. Injuries included a left knee dislocation with complete tears of all ligaments and requiring surgery, right scaphoid fracture requiring surgery, right shoulder AC joint separation with clavicle fracture and PTSD.
Auto vs. Bicycle Accident $4,000,000
Bicycle rider attempted to maneuver to his left, around a recessed manhole in the bike lane, and was struck by a vehicle that was driving too closely to the bike lane. Significant injuries included traumatic brain injury, skull fracture, and permanent brain damage.
Big Rig vs. Auto Accident $3,000,000
Big rig vs. auto accident resulting in wrongful death.
Physical Abuse $3,000,000
Child protective services failed to adequately protect young child from physically abusive foster parents.
Injury Onboard a SCTVA Bus $3,000,000
Injury onboard a SCTVA bus resulting in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Client TestimonialsHighly Rated & Reviewed
“I am happy with the outcome and highly recommend Caputo and Van Der Walde to anyone seeking an injury lawyer.”- Karen B
“Our lawyer and his entire staff were extremely approachable and effective in getting a very good settlement from my own insurance company's under-insured motorist coverage. Our lawyer guided my husband and me through the process.”- Chris G.
“Paul has a great understanding of people's rights and drives to obtain all that is due to you. He listens and answers questions that anyone could understand without legalize. I contacted him through the recommendation of a friend.”- Gary G.
WHAT SETS US APART?
A Supportive Team on Your Side
Included in Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Perfect 10/10 Superb Rating on Avvo
You Do Not Pay Unless We Win Your Case
All Initial Case Reviews Are Free of Charge
Legal Services Available in Spanish
Tens of Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Over 85 Years of Combined Legal Experience