Brain Injuries Caused by Toxic Substances
If you live in California and have suffered brain damage due to toxic substance exposure, you should contact our San Jose brain injury lawyers at Caputo & Van Der Walde LLP.
Our attorneys have vast experience in personal injury law and are ready to discuss your case. Our attorneys, administrative staff, and paralegals work together on each case to ensure that all of our clients' legal needs are met.
Schedule your complimentary case review today! Call (800) 900-0863.
Common Causes of Brain Injury
There are a large number of substances that could result in a brain injury should you be exposed. Some toxic substances include:
- Carbon monoxide: Carbon monoxide exposure is often due to furnaces, ranges, water heaters, and other appliances in the home that are not properly installed. It is extremely dangerous to inhale carbon monoxide due to the fact that it could leave you unconscious, or even result in fatal consequences. Even if you survive poisoning due to carbon monoxide, you could experience long-term issues such as diminished cognitive ability, depression, headaches, fatigue, and other serious cognitive deficits.
- Lead: Due to the amount of lead-based products found in the home, children are more susceptible to lead poisoning. Children may ingest products with lead, and it can result in serious neurological damage and permanent injury.
- Manganese: Long-term manganese exposure can leave victims with brain injuries. These could include symptoms such as dizziness, sleep problems, nightmares, tremors, fatigue, and decreasing mental capabilities.
- Mercury: Mercury exposure can leave individuals with troubles breathing. Other factors can affect your motor skills, coordination, mental alertness, and can even result in death.
- Pesticides: Pesticides are dangerous and victims of exposure can experience troubles with vision and motor skills, along with breathing issues and headaches. Other problems can include organ failure and even death.
- Solvents: Solvents often contain dangerous chemicals. These substances can lead to brain damage over the long term. Victims often experience memory and attention issues, along with headaches, dementia, and confusion. You may also have trouble with your vision and sense of smell.
Call (800) 900-0863 to Reach Our San Jose Brain Injury Attorneys
Our dedicated California brain injury lawyers at Caputo & Van Der Walde LLP have the experience to help you seek full and fair compensation. Should you or your loved one become a victim of the dangerous toxic substances, we can help.
If you've sustained brain injury associated with dangerous chemicals, please contact us to discuss your injury case.
A TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESSMillions Recovered for Our Clients
3rd-Degree Burns During a Pedicure $7,291,986
Paul Caputo received a $7,291,985.58 decision for Plaintiff in a case where a client received severe 3rd-degree burns during a pedicure, resulting in the need for numerous skin grafting procedures.
Paraplegia from Defective Seat $5,650,000
Product liability case involving a defective seat design that resulted in paraplegia.
Construction Site Accident $1,500,000
Construction site accident involving spinal and shoulder injuries resulting in loss of ability to do job in a skilled trade.
Chemical Burns at a Salon $841,000
Chemical burns resulting from hair salon's negligence.
Client TestimonialsHighly Rated & Reviewed
“I am happy with the outcome and highly recommend Caputo and Van Der Walde to anyone seeking an injury lawyer.”- Karen B
“Our lawyer and his entire staff were extremely approachable and effective in getting a very good settlement from my own insurance company's under-insured motorist coverage. Our lawyer guided my husband and me through the process.”- Chris G.
“Paul has a great understanding of people's rights and drives to obtain all that is due to you. He listens and answers questions that anyone could understand without legalize. I contacted him through the recommendation of a friend.”- Gary G.