Campbell Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Pedestrian accident injuries can be very serious. There is no comparison between the size of a person and the damage that may be caused by a large vehicle. Some of the injuries that may be sustained include fractured bones, head injury, brain injury, paralysis, and spinal cord damage. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident there are certain things you should do to protect yourself, including:
- If injured, seek medical attention immediately
- Gather contact information from all people who witnessed your Northern California pedestrian accident, this includes phone numbers, addresses, and names
- Take photos of the location where the accident occurred
- Take photos of your physical injuries
- Contact a pedestrian accident attorney right away to discuss your case
- Do not discuss your case with anyone, except your doctor and lawyer
- Do not sign anything without discussing it with your lawyer first
Listed below are some recent statistics regarding pedestrian accidents in the United States, which illustrates the serious consequences of negligent and reckless driving:
- In 2007, there were 4,654 pedestrian deaths caused by traffic accidents.
- 70,000 pedestrians suffered injuries in 2007.
- Approximately 25% of pedestrians who die from there injuries are between the ages of 5 and 9.
- Almost 70% of pedestrian fatality victims are male.
- Over 15% of fatal pedestrian accidents occur in adults over the age of 70.
The San Jose personal injury lawyers at Van Der Walde & Associates recovered a $234,097 verdict against property owner for a broken knee sustained by an 82-year-old disabled Plaintiff when she was struck by a car in a shopping mall parking lot that lacked handicapped crosswalks. (Haney v. Sunnyvale Town Center).
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, please contact a Northern California Pedestrian Accident Injury attorney at Van Der Walde & Associates at (877) 862-6288.